I haven't signed on in many moons, but I have checked in from time to time. "Back when....," when I made some less-than-optimistic observations about HL and the direction in which it seemed to be heading, I seemed to elicit rather negative responses. Not to claim undue perspicacity, I did ever so long ago observe that HL was putting out too many pieces per year, that they were overpriced, that the workmanship was suffering, etc. Some Forum members seemed to be a bit miffed that I would say such things, yet I now see the same observations being made here. Hmmmmmm. The last straw, for me, was the "Barking Rocks," the roller coaster, and the light smothered in toothpaste, all at too high a cost. Did HL put out fine pieces I would love to have had after that...certainly. But the gaps in my collection were already created, and I could not afford to bleed more money for excessive numbers of pieces I could not display. Having said that, I am still sorry that the company has "folded," and apparently on such a negative note. Due to circumstances in my personal life, after my responsibility to my Dad's care is ended, the time is coming that I will give my entire collection away [I'm too old to expend the time and energy and peace-of-mind on try to sell them off piecemeal!] What I would do is to give them in one unbroken block to one individual, not parcel them out. So, here's hoping that the Forum—or something like it—will still be around to make the grand offer. A real source of happiness for a lot of people has taken a rather sour turn, and I'm very sorry to see this.

Danny