Lets not forget that when LHD sells a piece at 50% off, they probably still make a 50% profit. If other dealers do that, they are lucky if they break even.

It has all come down to supply versus demand:

If the demand was higher than the supply, would we see the low Ebay selling prices, dealers dumping stock at rock bottom prices, LHD/LHM selling their stock at 50% off. (their are actually other dealers selling them cheaper), and why the cruise pieces became unexclusive, then discounted. Nobody can afford to eat inventory that doesn't sell even if we had a good economy.

If us collectors didn't stop collecting. And those that started selling off their collection for pennies didn't help. Which lead to dealers selling off their surplus at rock bottom prices. Which has lead to LHD being stuck with hundreds of non-moving stock(per each release). Which has lead to more collectors to quit collecting or buy at very discounted prices. All along they way dealers are dropping like flys. We come to the current state of Harbour Lights.

These rose colored eyeballs that God gave me still think there is hope for 2012 and beyond. I have a goal of reaching 500 pieces in my collection. While I know HL has made around 750 different pieces, I only have about a dozen on my hunt list. I currently own about 460 different HLs(I don't collect variations), so a couple more years of new releases would be needed.

I feel once a year passes with no new HL's, it's makes it that much harder to comeback. Whatever collectors hung in there will be gone as well.

Funny thing is I've gotten calls and emails from dealers who want to know whats going on for 2012. I've been updating them as best I can.

What happened to "Keeping the Flame" lit.

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.