Even though us collectors have been telling Harbour Lights to slow down for years I feel that it was the genius work of a brilliant business man, Bill Younger that knew to get every penny out of the market while it was good then sell it before it bottomed out.

First of all I would like to say that before Harbour lights would go out of business I would like them to complete all of the Florida lights and the Jones point River Light. I would love to see the Jones Point with a special low production number of 500 or 750. My deep hopes were it to be a forum exclusive, but obviously that ain’t going to happen.

Secondly I keep hearing that HL is making a profit so maybe what they are doing is working, but on the other hand I am hearing un-happy collectors that are discontent with the high prices and how many are being produced. Twelve lighthouses a year is still a lot of lighthouses. At an average of$125 a light that is $1500.

Maybe Hl need to look at making simpler lighthouse and ones that are made of just cold cast porcelain without all the expensive metal works. The southern Bells of 1993 are fine examples of simple non-metal work lighthouses that in my opinion are still some of HL finest work. Somehow HL needs to keep their annual prices below the $100 a month mark.

DANIEL