Just me beating the same old drum, but if HLs had done 10-12 pieces, total, per year 10 years ago, would we be having this discussion now? Or would there be a more vibrant market and collector community?

Admittedly, that is tough to imagine in today's economy. But I think it is a valid question for the Rumor Mill. Heck, it's not like there's a lot of other things going on with HLs!

In the spirit of the season, we can engage in some Monday morning quarterbacking. What if HLs had done X-Y-Z instead of A-B-C?

- What if they had released no more than one piece per month? No counting gifts, give-aways and commissioned pieces, but counting collector society, reunion and regional pieces.

- What if they had stuck to their attempts at specialized subsets of lights? Lady light Keepers? Gone But Not Forgotten? Tributary lights? (Hudson River, Sunken Rock, etc)

- What if they branched out into commissioned pieces sooner? Would that have allowed them reduce the dependence on LEs?

- What if they did something like many fewer LEs, but did them on a grander scale? More of the lights setting, or with additional features like a ship wreck on the rocks? Or practicing surf men and their gear?

I'm sure that there are other ideas out there. And I'm sure that each of these has pros and cons.

Thoughts?

Rick