John,

Thanks to you and Fran for the follow-up. But I'm still not going to join FB. Personal preference, nothing against the folks who are there.

I guess I'll figure out what's going as time passes. I'll either come across a new piece that I'd like to add to the collection, or I won't.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Fellow collectors,

The collector community has always been split into different groups, and split in different ways. Those who collect them all, those who collect a subset of interest. Those that posted in the online conversations, those that watched and read. Those who conversed frequently with the Youngers and HLs, those that might have said hello to Bill at an event. And other ways too.

So it isn't a surprise to me that the collector community has split again, along yet another line of demarcation. These Fora, and Facebook. I think it's a shame that the online discussions are fragmented like this. But it is my choice to avoid Facebook. And not any of the FB participants responsibility to make the extra effort to 'include me in' by spending additional time to replicate a discussion here.

Through all of this, the saddest part is that (apparently) all the different niches of the HL collector community added together, no longer add up to enough market for HLs to continue in business. And that is a shame.

No matter what neighborhood of the HL community one hung out it, it was interesting and fun. Life needs more of that, not less.

All best everyone,

Rick