I've just gotten back from a two week cruise to Alaska. Something to cross off my bucket list.

Bob mentioned (c. April 29th) that if we bought me a scooter, we might fly on Southwest to do a cruise this winter. I mentally leapt with joy as he has been refusing to fly for the last five years as he does not like the TSA stuff in the airports. So I said - could we go to Alaska this May, and he agreed. Yippee!!!

I booked the scooter, and the air (Southwest non-stop BWI to Seattle) before I booked the cruise, and I booked the cruise the day before the final payment (which is pretty late).

They gave me a cabin under the kitchen and then asked if I wanted to buy and upgrade and I did.

I asked Southwest for a wheelchair, so when we checked our bags, they wheeled me through security to the gate. We still had to take off our shoes but the line was quicker. We got there two hours in advance. This is Bob waiting

There were 8 of us in wheelchairs - 5 old ladies lined up along the wall. They put us on first.

I had arranged to stay at the Mayflower Park hotel and the concierge advised me that I could get a car to take me and our luggage to the hotel and it wouldn't cost much more than a taxi, so I did that. The Mayflower is in the same building as the Monorail, so we walked over

Elevator to the top

The trip to the top would cost $15 each (for seniors) so I had made a reservation for dinner which would include the ride.

Of course the minimum price for dinner was $35, and most entrees were more than that. But you only go around once.

Actually by the time we finished dinner we went around one and a half times.

Views from the dinner table