March 3
Last night, the computer room at the Hampton Inn where there was a printer was in use, so the girls at the desk printed out the whole web page of the lighthouses on the west coast of Florida for me - it was about 11 pages.

After breakfast we decided to go to Sanibel Island and look at that lighthouse. In 1967, we drove up from Key West to the 'mainland' of Florida. We visited Lion Country Safari in Palm Beach County, Sebring, Edison's house at Fort Myers, and Corkscrew Swamp. We also went to Sanibel Island.

This was the only picture I took at Sanibel Island at that time. I remember staying in a motel and looking for shells on the beach. I don't think we saw the lighthouse.

The bridge over was a toll bridge, but they did take cash (unlike the Florida Turnpike which we got onto by accident and then had no way to pay the toll).

The lighthouse was in a park where there was a $2.00/hour parking fee.

Bob waited in the car and I walked down to the lighthouse.
It was quite windy and they were doing kite boarding on the beach and I took some photos of that

I walked up to the first informational board and then walked through the underbrush to see if I could get a better angle but it wasn't that terrific.

I think I got some good photos ..

..including some with birds flying around the top of the lighthouse.

I took photos of the lighthouse from the bridge on the way back because that was the side of the bridge toward the lighthouse.

Last edited by grandmaR; 03/27/11 03:29 PM.