I thought I might as well continue the Chesapeake Bay Harbour Lights comparison tour. The Sharps Island lighthouse was the most difficult to shoot with the Harbour Lights version. By the time we were at Sharps the Chesapeake Bay was no longer like glass. The rolling of the boat made it a challenge to shoot the picture and get the angles correct. What I did was get the two lighthouses in the frame and then just pay attention to the railing and the line where the water meets the sky. Would that be the waterline or the skyline? It isn't perfect but I got close.

There is another obvious difference between the real and the Harbour Lights lighthouse. It is not the ladder. The ladder is there and basically in the same location. The fact that the real lighthouse is out of focus and slightly turned counterclockwise as compared to the Harbour Lights lighthouse conceals the ladder.

Was it shot on my Nikon or my Olympus digital camera? You have a 50/50 chance of being correct and Orv can't answer since he has already won the top prize.

SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!