I've run into the same thing, Deb. Slow sales at almost all of the dealers I visit throughout New England on a semi-regular basis. Plus a general lack of "Wow!" (Even my "reviews" of new pieces on this forum page elicit very little in the way of comments or feedback).

Folks, take another look at my post about Bill Younger on QVC. Believe it or not, I was serious. When the energy or "buzz" around a line of collectibles starts to fade---and I'm sensing it with Harbour Lights---it's time to expand the market and get some new "eyeballs." I don't suggest QVC (or Home Shopping Network) in any cheesy way. I suggest it because of the fact that Beany Babies (and their ilk) are all over home shopping and they're kicking butt. I'd hate to see Harbour Lights start dwindling because they refuse to exploit other avenues of exposure. I can't believe dealers would take offense if Bill Younger offered the GLOWs to build his customer base. All it does is increase interest in the line...and quickly. As in INSTANTLY.

5 months without a retirement or an addition to the "Endangered" list? There's something in that fact that bears some scrutiny.

30,000 Society members...plus all the tourists and other shoppers who grab the occasional Harbour Light...and sales don't appear to be brisk? That warrants some discussion. So...what's everyone out there think of this situation? Or is it a situation at all?