Originally Posted By: Angels Gate
I am very excited about Shinnecock, which I ordered the first day it was available. They never come soon enough for me. But ordering directly from Lighthouse Marketing took ALL THE FUN AND PERSONAL SATISFACTION out of the experience for me, as I consider 'my' dealer, ROLAND, as a friend who has my back where it comes to looking out for my best interests as a loyal collector. I hope the 'Society' pieces are the only ones we must go directly to LM for in the future, if indeed there will be a future for us with these lights.

Thanks for the kind words Jane, but truthfully, it's becoming harder and harder to be a Harbour Lights dealer with all that's happening at LD. Although we love the product, it is becoming increasingly difficult to keep our profit margins up to where they should be and justify the inventory we keep on hand. I know Tony and HL have noticed that our HL sales numbers were down significantly last year. Some may blame the economy but it's the fact that we're being forced to shift gears and emphasize other parts of our website. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it appears to me that HL won't be happy until they eliminate all of their dealers and sell exclusively through Lighthouse Depot. As a businessman, I refuse to get caught with my pants down when that happens.

Roland Babineau
The only true Harbour Lights dealer left in the world and the ONLY retailer in the world authorized to sell Harry Hine's lighthouse collectible line!
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/harbor_lights.html