Originally Posted By: Lighthouse Loon
I say there's still alot of life let in Harbour Lights collecting with the right marketing, planning, and owner.

I couldn't resist in not responding to this quote. Loon may have something here with his comment. We all love lighthouses and why shouldn't people not love lighthouses in the future?

I am not sure sure about the "alot of life" as the Harbour Lights line has been around for 20 years as a collectible and the collectible days are "almost" dried up, but Hey, trying to stay positive, I know I would continue purchasing them as long as they don't become $100-$150 a piece.

It is my own personal opinion, but I believe the "key" is the planning and the owner part. I think Tony is doing as best as he can (or should I say, he is allowed) regarding the marketing part. It's the other two components that need some addressing.

A lot of companies in our country are "hurting" due to the economy, but I don't think continual discounting of HL and "stiffing" dealers (besides LHD)is the solution.

If, and I say "If", LHD folds and Harbour Lights are only sold through 1 source (i.e. HL and/or Lighthouse Marketing), meaning no dealers, I will be extremely UNHAPPY if I have to pay shipping prices that are exorbitant (similar to the common shipping practice of Lighthouse Depot). I know shipping is expensive, but c'mon folks...this is ridiculous.

Hers's a marketing and planning strategy for LHD.... leave the SRP of a HL piece alone (no sales or markdowns) and adjust your shipping price table!

-Christopher
"CAVR"