I am re-posting the information on Derith's pre-cruise tour of lighthouses.. Derith called me and said the response is about 30 of us going and she is going to send out a group email to those who have shown interest in being in the group.

If you want to go with us and haven't either responded so far or you have and you don't receive the group email in the next couple of days you will need to contact Derith and cc me of your interest as Derith is going to firm up the group on February 1st so she can finalize plans..

Here is the basic plan from Derith.. Everyone will be responsible for his or her own transportation but Derith hopes that it will be possible to arrange some car pooling amongst the group.

Everyone also will be responsible for his or her meals. The only other costs will be the plane charter (very reasonable), a couple of small ferry fees and the boat fee for touring the San Juans..

This plan of course will need some adjusting as we go along, but Derith has tried to put together a plan that isn't too long of days but up close and personal where possible.. This is beautiful country so the traveling in between lights will be very enjoyable as well!!

Derith Tour of Washington Lights

Friday - June 3, 2011
Everyone flies into Seattle and we eat together at Anthony’s on the wharf…perhaps the Space Needle at night

Saturday - June 4, 2011
Lightship Swiftsure - Docked in Seattle
West Point Lighthouse - Under restoration now
Alki Lighthouse - 1:30 until 4
Pt. Robinson Lighthouse - Private Tour

Sunday - June 5, 2011
Brown’s Point Lighthouse - Photo Op
Dofflemeyer Lighthouse - Photo Op
Gray’s Harbor Lighthouse - Tours 10-4
Westport Maritime Museum - Open 10-4
(Destruction Island 1st order is here)

Monday - June 6, 2011
North Head Lighthouse - Hours unknown
Cape Disappointment Lighthouse - Photo op
Point-No-Point Lighthouse - Hours unknown

Tuesday - June 7, 2011
Point Wilson Lighthouse - Private tour
Marrowstone Lighthouse - Photo Opt
Aerial flight of New Dungeness, Cape Flattery (Tatoosh), and Destruction Island Lighthouses

Wednesday - June 8, 2011
Cruise in the San Juans - Burrows Island, Patos Island, Stuart Island (Turn Point), Lime Kiln and Cattle Point…possible to see a few Canadian lights.
Trip on water from 1pm to 6pm.
We will park our cars at the Anacortes Ferry slip and walk on to the ferry that goes to Orcas Island.
This will be an all day trek….

Thursday - June 9, 2011
Admiralty Head Lighthouse - Open 11-4
Mukilteo Lighthouse - Private tour
Remainder of day free

Derith's email:

nanaads@tampabay.rr.com

CC me at:

wackopaul@att.net

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!