Quote:
Originally posted by wheland:
Rod,

Looks like the level of formality is a bit different in Alaska. I took a Celebrity cruise in Northern Europe a few years back and on the formal/ semi-formal nights they wouldn't let the men in the main dining room without a jacket and tie- no if, ands or buts allowed.

I had rented a tux but I didn't intend to wear it that much - there were 7 formal / semi-formal nights on the 14 day cruise.

I'm still trying to finagle a way to make this cruise but it still looks less than promising.
Yeah, I have to agree I do believe things have changed a little, not as tight with the dress code as they use to be. For our cruise next year the dress code should five "Smart Casual" nights and the two "Formal" nights. Looking at the picture above I see I will have a run for my money in the "Best Dressed" competition!

I was on this same cruise a few weeks back and most couples were all dressed up, but there were many in the dinning room without jacket or tie. One thing I can tell you for sure, no matter how they were dressed, we were all enjoying the evening!

I'm here to help, let me know what I can do to get you onboard with this group, I would hate to see you miss out on joining us for this grand adventure!

"Life's a Journey, Enjoy the Ride!"