I would like to start by saying thank you to Barbara and Lamar for taking the bull by the horns and working hard on something that they believe in. You both deserve a pat on the back for your dedicated effort.

Secondly, let me say that I think that it is wrong and unfair to take this out on the Saints of this forum. While some concerns have been brought up late in the game regarding the "Wacko" pins, I think it is safe to say that these concerns were brought up in the best interest of everyone here in the forums. This is my opinion, but I don't think any of them were trying to undermine anyone or stop the project. I think the purpose was to be sure no one felt left out or was slighted. It doesn't hurt to step back and look at the big picture sometimes. There are always two sides to every story, and in this case, valid points to be considered.

Lastly, don't make more of this than it really is. It is really worth hurting feelings or getting angry over? Not in my opinion. Do you really feel that there is an inequality between Saints, Cruise Directors, Wackos, and Newbies? Not in my opinion.

If this pin project resumes as "Wacko's only", that's great. That is the way it started, and going back through all the old threads on this topic, there were no objections that I could find. If it is opened up to everyone, that's great too. Morris Island will be that much more ahead and we can all say we had the chance to help out a lighthouse in need.

FWIW,

-Todd