I'm a little late getting in on this thread, too. Due to my recent workload I don't read the Forums quite as often as I would like, and I haven't made a chat in months for the same reason.

As Barbara so succintly stated we plan to carry on as planned if the Wacko support is still there. I fully agree with her responses to this project's criticisms.

The fact that whomever initiated this dialogue wished to remain anonymous leads me to believe that they are ashamed or have something or some reason to hide. Who knows?

Anyway, thank you all who have posted before me for your continued support. I of course hope that the project continues. It's fun and will help Morris Island Light. I personally have spoken to several members of the Save The Light organization and they each seemed pretty excited about it, as well as grateful for the financial support.

While composing the original reply above, Rod was posting his. I wish to make it clear that I alone made the decision to put a hold on production. Barbara was out of touch for a period so I couldn't immediately confer with her. In retrospect, I considered the negative opinions of the commenting Saints as a signal that perhaps this project was in fact way off base. So, while I was considering the situation and waiting to re-establish contact with her to get her reaction I put the whole thing on hold.

In my opinion and in my experience, the Saints, led by John, have expended an unmeasurable amount of time, effort and expertise to get these web sites (HL.COM and LHK.COM) and these Forums where they are today and to maintain and upgrade them. Their contributions have earned my gratitude and I truly respect each's opinions. (It's also my opinion that Sainthood has nothing whatsoever to do with gender.)

Anyway, when so many Saints expressed such strong reservations about the project, I halted it.

[This message has been edited by LamarB (edited 01-28-2000).]