I never had a problem with the viewfinder on my regular 35mm.
I have not used my digital all that much and am still learning. I tried the viewfinder twice and found that it was blurry and with my bifocals it was worse. So didn't mess with it anymore. Around the house, I'd just use the screen.
Took the boys camping this weekend at Sturgeon Bay. We went to Potowatomi State Park. I just automatically used the screen to try and take pictures. I forgot all about the button for the viewfinder! shocked I was also stressed out by this point...3 boys running willy nilly on the beach, a husband and daughter who were supposed to be "helping"(but tended to forget) and lighthouses so close but not really enough time and choruses of "I'm hungry, I'm hot, and can we go back and see Yogi Bear?" anger
By the way...next time my husband suggests how much fun it would be to take all 3 boys camping...he's going to get seriously hurt! biglaugh
My camera is a Kodak Easy Share Z612, Dave. It does have a little wheel. I'm assuming it has something to do with power and focus? I guess I'll have to find time to figure out what it does.
Thanks for all the suggestions and help!
As a final note...I did make it to Sherwood Point on the way back to the campground! Didn't see anyone with WACKO badges however. frown

Debbie