Quote:
There's always something better coming.
True statement, Bob. I waited a bit in 1980 to buy my Canon A-1 instead of the AE-1. I still have that camera and it still works great.

Some of you folks have sent me emails about your thoughts regarding this matter. I thank you for thinking of me with great advice.

When I purchased my Olympus Evolt 300 (8 mega pixel SLR) back in January of 2006, I didn't buy an extra battery (mine seems to hold a charge forever) but I did get a hi-speed 1 gig memory card. I've never filled the card so I don't think I will need a spare card for whatever camera I purchase this time. I will probably go with the 2 gig hi-speed card and that should satisfy my needs. If I do go on a photo safari, I would carry both cameras anyways just in case I experience a problem with one or the other.

My desire is to have a small pocket camera ready for anything that may be a great photo opportunity at work or play. I'm leaning towards the TZ3 to satisfy that need. My birthday is coming up in the middle of next month so maybe I can get Lorna to purchase it as a present for me. Good idea? I think so! Now to watch out for the absolute lowest price between now and then.

smile Bob smile