Quote:
Originally posted by Bob M:
I'm back from Block Island! Things are busy with going back to work, etc. I still haven't pulled the trigger on the TZ3A yet. Another friend, who works in marketing & advertising, told me the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX30A 7.2 megapixel has gotten better reviews than the DMC-TZ3A we have been chatting about. The main difference between the cameras seems to be the 3.6X optical zoom on the FX30A as compared to the 10X zoom on the TZ3A. The TZ3A is about 1/2" wider, higher, and deeper, making the FX30A smaller in size.

My friend turned me on to Butterflyphoto.com where she has shopped often getting an apparent best price. Thank you to Ken for the Circuit City link to these cameras!

Price wise, Butterflyphoto has the FX30A at $230 as compared to Circuit City's price of $279.99. Butterflyphoto is offering the TZ3A at $307 as compared to Circuit City's $307.99.

Overall, I'm still inclined to purchase the TZ3A on the recommendations received here at the CF. Now comes the question as to what size memory card to choose, whether a protection plan must be purchased, should I buy the extra battery and case, etc. Also, is there a step above the TZ3A coming out soon? Should I wait a little longer to see if the price drops some more? Are there current rebates or coupons out there that I don't know about?

confused Bob confused
There's always something better coming.
I bought a 2gb card. Protection plan is based on purchase price. No need for extra battery. I'm still investigating a case. I bought a plastic screen saver for $4. I have some new Montauk photos coming.

LONG ISLAND BOB