Hello everyone!

Diane said I should come answer some questions...

First, thanks for the interest in the book. I really appreciate it (How stupid would I look if no one bought a copy?).

The book is part of the Postcard History Series, similar to the Images of America Series but it uses historic postcard images. The writer's guidelines are nearly identical for the two series, actually.

The new book is quite a bit different from my first. It is more image-oriented. I had strict limitations on word count, so I had to really slash through the research and try to pick the most important or interesting information for each site (there are seventy sites included). This book totals about 14,000 words, whereas the Fire Island chapter of Long Island's Lighthosues: Past and Present alone had around 8000. This is a lighter read, but I hope the depth of research still shows somehow. I would love to do a more in-depth New York book, but I doubt I could find a publisher willing to front the cost for such a huge work -- it'd have to be a multi volume work covering over 1000 pages.

As for Amazon, I only make $99 per book, as opposed to the usual $100. smile Seriously, I make much less on those, but I've never been in it for the money. According to my contract, I have to sell my copies for no less than retail (19.99), so I am including an autograph, shipping and one of the magnetic bookmarks with Diane's photography, for $20.

I hope that answers any questions. Let Diane or me know if it doesn't.

Bob Muller
www.NewYorkLighthouses.com

PS - I have some cool new USLHS maps on my web site. Take a look when you get the chance.