Over the years that I have been collecting(1994-present) I have had only four pieces damaged. All of my pieces are shipped to me from my dealer. When I first started having them shipped I asked my dealer to look at every piece to check for damage. Two the four that were damaged where done by the dealer removing and repacking them during the first year I was buying lighthouses from them. Most dealers use people that are not careful with your product or do not know how to handle them correctly. I immediately asked my dealer not to check these pieces before shipping them to me. Since 1995 I have only had 2 pieces arrive damage(a chip out of the base and a broken tip on the lantern room roof). I touched up the tip and Harbour Lights cheerfully paid for the shipping back to them and for sending me a new piece(same number).

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't be too quick to put the blame on Harbour Lights when it could be your dealer's people unpacking and repacking the piece to check for damage. I have even chipped a piece myself while checking it over so quite possibly you could also cause some damage to your piece. Don't get me wrong when I say that you could cause damage, but, it is possible.

I am amazed at the little damage that I have seen when you compare it to the amount of pieces that have been packed and shipped over the years. I am extremely happy with the record that Harbour Lights has established.

Rich