Quote:
Originally posted by Bob M:

The truth of the matter is there just isn't enough serious collectors left. The new breed of collectors are more frugal and buy only a small portion of what is offered. Maybe they really are smarter than the passionate collectors of old. They certainly avoid a major expense plus the problems of storage and display.
[/QB]
Todays collector has to be more frugal, the economy is no way near what it was in the mid to late 90's. That was economic blish. Every industry did well. the last 5 or 6 years have been tougher to have the extra cash.

I think I'm very passionate and serious with my lighthouse collecting, I just don't have the money to buy that many pieces. So I'm trying to focus on certain areas of the country that interest me more.

I've wanted to collect HL's for a few years now, but couldn't due to the cost. Thanks to bargain shopping on EBay and a few other spots, I have built a pretty good HL collection. This way I can afford to buy 3 or 4 new ones at retail each year.

LONG LIVE HARBOUR LIGHTS !!!

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.