Nice discussion about the Buffalo piece here in the Harbor of Refuge thread!

Since cost has come up, I had some thoughts (happens occasionally).

Quote:
Originally posted by WackoPaul:
It's true of the past couple of years.. They are trying to hold the price of the lighthouses and the price of the materials to produced them have skyrocketed in China, so they are a little smaller sculptures.

I agree that the current size really helps in allow for more to fit in the cabinets, while I love some of the larger early pieces, their footprints just eat up cabinet space. The detail in the recent releases more than mkes up for the smaller size.
Many blame the GLOW's for putting a dent in the LE market, but I think it's the LLOM's. Many are seeing 4" to 5" LE's selling for around $70 when 3" to 3.5" LLOM's are selling for abour $20 to $25. Which one is giving you a better bang for your buck?

Many of the new LLOM's are made in limited quanity's, so how is the cost to produce issue justified?

As for their footprint, what attracted me to the Harbour Lights is the 6" to 8" size replicas they produced. While a few(Hillsboro, Monomoy Point to name a couple) are a little big, most pieces were a just right size.

I question the cost excuse, when you compare the price of LE's versus Limited LLOM's.

Now back to our Buffalo South Entrance discussion. wink

Stan M
New Jersey Lighthouse Lovers
------------------------------------
Harry Wishlist: Tinicum Rear Range, Miah Maull Shoal, Finns Point, Bergen Point, Cross Ledge, Old Ambrose Lightstation, Romer Shoal, Barnegat Lightship, Liberty Lightship.