I had a secondary market request inquiring if I had a HL 139 Barnegat LE. My inventory indicated I had three in stock. The inquiry came from a fellow CF member, so I decided to pull all three from my inventory to see which one would be best for this customer. Here's the picture of the 3 Barnegats together:

It should be very obvious to you that the 2 Barnegats on your right have a light blue water, while the one on the left is a darker blue. The flag#'s reading from left to right are 3767, 1510, and 2187. All three have some flaws. Flag# 3767 has some paint rub off on the shrubs. Flag# 1510 has a microchip right at the base and no original box. Flag# 2187 is in very good-excellent shape for its age but the original box has water damage. There was no water damage to the piece itself leading me to believe the box was damaged while it was empty in storage.

Now that you have a little history on the three pieces, what do you think caused this very obvious paint variation? Some might say a paint fading caused by exposure to the sun. Well how did two of them fade exactly the same? If you're wondering if the water on the one of the left may have been repainted, I saw no evidence of that.

Take a look at the Barnegat in your collection and report back with the color of the water as compared to the three in the picture above. I'm just a little curious if there may have been three different water colors, green, dark blue, and light blue.

cool Bob cool