My Jones Point website has been updated. It now includes recent history (2006 to present).

I found out last year that the DAR has what looked like a fresnel lens (from a picture), later I visited and low and behold it was a fourth order (the lighthouse had a fifth order). At that time I found out that they had another lens, but did not see it till this years trip. It turned out to be a fifth order but is not a fixed lens (the one at Jones Point was). Any way, with the help our own Dave and the Chesapeake Chapter of the U.S.L.H.S., these lens will be restored and displayed.

If you are wondering why I did not post this early, I delayed until I felt the lens were save, as they were at individual houses at the time. The web site has pictures under Recent History.

P.S. Also a picture of a model of the lighthouse that one of the local people made (perhaps a starting point for a Harbour Lights Limited Edition).

http://jonespoint.garoux.net/

Eric, Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation; Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse; member and District Commissioner of Florida Lighthouse Association et el