Eating out is one of my favorite pastimes next to collecting Harbour Lights. If you're on Nantucket and want a great breakfast, stop by Blackeye Susan's (a couple of blocks to the right of the bank at the top of the hill) or the old Downy Flake by Children's Beach near the Ferry Docks. I think they changed the name of the Downy Flake to something like Mel's Place now.

Stop by the Jared Coffin House and eat in a pub style atmosphere in the Tap Room downstairs or you can also eat in their main dinning room upstairs. The food is exceptionally good in both places.

One of my favorite restaurants is a little ways out of town up near the High School. It's the Sea Grille and the food is great!

If you like Beef Wellington try the Wood Box Inn which is about a block off the main street to the left of the bank at the top of the hill. They serve the most delicious "pop-overs" with their dinners.

Another great pub atmosphere place is the Brotherhood of Thieves which is right near the Jared Coffin House. Unfortunately, they had a fire there this spring and they hadn't opened up for the season yet while we were there.

If you like lobster and you want it delivered to your boat or room, call Souza's Seafood. They are a small family-run seafood store near the center of the island. They will cook, crack, split, and deliver any size lobster. Believe it or not, the big lobsters were cheaper than the smaller ones (per pound). We had the five-pounders and they were excellent. No veggies needed with those....make sure you have plenty of butter! Have I made you all hungry yet? ...lol !

Bob