Thanks for the input everyone, I just completed my letter to the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse Foundation. I will let you know what they say.

Just a note about climbing the tower. This lighthouse has four rooms at the bottom (one on top of the other) that are contected by an enclosed staircase (like a skeletal lighthouse). If we could climb past the fourth room, we could then see the open staircase and look up to the bottom of the watch room. The view from the other rooms is a floor of the above room. Also there is an outside staircase that goes from the ground to the 3rd floor, so on the 3rd floor there is a staircase to go up and one to go down. (There is a added second door at ground level into the bottom room.)So traffic would bottle neck a bit after the 3rd room, but no more than any other lighthouse. The members only event has a lot less people than the fund raiser events open to the public.

Eric, Florida Keys Reef Lights Foundation; Godfather of Jones Point River Lighthouse; member and District Commissioner of Florida Lighthouse Association et el