I don't know the details surrounding this particular event, but it could have been something beyond the group's fault. Particularly when governmental agencies are involved.

We've had (on more than one occasion) a governmental agency pull the rug out from underneath us (forcing us to cancel an event AFTER it had been publicized and reservations taken) and put up so many barriers and restrictions that it was nearly impossible to do the event. And they have a penchant for changing their requirements at the last minute (like the night before the event).

As for the food, that was poor estimation of food needs, which happens. Whenever we've served food at one of the events, I tend to get out of the way, because people become vultures. laugh wink

Although it may sound like it, I'm not trying to make excuses for the group. I've been in their situation, and can understand when things don't (or can't) go according to plan. It can be just as frustrating for the organizers as it is for the participants.

Since you are letting them know about your disappointment with their event, I'm curious what their response is. I hope someone takes the time to address your concerns.

Diane