Eric,

I can understand your frustration. It seems that there was a little problem with the planning of this event.

The persons deciding the timing of events made some possible bad choices- although they may have had their hands tied by the security people who don't care about Lighthouses at all (possibly).

It also looks like they didn't count their food needs very well- these things happen to best of organizations at times.

I'd say thought that at least part of this one can be blamed on the specific security concerns of the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station.

I'm sure the Cape Canaveral Lighthouse society did thier best to get everyone a chance to go to both of the other sites.

I could be wrong but I believe the restriction on going all the way up the Lighthouse is due to safety concerns- for the individuals and for the lens, etc.. Unfortunately many lighthouses have similar restrictions from entering the Lantern Room

Have you addresed these concerns and problems with the organizers of the event? Did you get any type of response from them? What was it?

Hopefully they can address these concerns for the next event they host at the Lighthouse.

Dennis