I own a cell phone. I hardly ever use it, but do take it with me when I go out for the "just in case". If I were to forget to do that, and was already in the driveway, I would not go back for it, unless I was going on a trip. If I was halfway out of town when the memory kicked in, the cell phone would stay in the house.

I HATE cell phones!!! This mostly because as a real estate broker, I was "strapped" to some version of a cell phone for 27 years.

I rode with another agent once from one side of Richmond to the other. She was using the phone, and writing notes the entire trip. Kinda steered the car with her knees. eek

If I get a call on my cell phone while driving, I refuse to answer it. This, because, the finality of doing this in the car came with being in a major accident three years ago...the driver who was at fault...was driving a commercial van,using his cell phone at the time of impact, and very possibly was eating a sandwich with the other hand.

I simply do not believe that a person talking on a cell phone while driving has his attention on the road and his driving. The people in public places talking on their cells surely don't. How many times have you heard more than you wanted to know from these folks while trying to shop in the grocery store, for example. They totally forget that anyone can hear them.

A "pet peeve" I have with cell phones, are the people who carry their rudeness to the limit by taking calls in the middle of a conversation with you, or in the same room when you are trying to hear the TV for example.

I know real estate agents who are proud of the fact that they never miss a call...they take it in the bathroom with them, and also totaly disrupt a family dinner to answer the darn thing.

The only plus I can give to having my phone with me is when I have to fill out forms and fill in phone numbers...Whew!...I've got them programmed in the phone's memory!

Judy

Judy