Well Folks,

Even though I voted in the less than 10 minute category, I actually don’t own a cell phone of my own. Why? – For all of the reasons already stated. They are an annoyance, a nuisance and a horrible distraction in restaurants, shopping malls, theaters, trains, buses, airplanes, automobiles, elevators and anyplace else where people might be gathered. I even saw and heard a person in church answer a call. (The priest got a tad upset.)

And most folks don’t just talk – they almost YELL. I heard a woman tell her friend that she was going to meet her “honey” later in the afternoon. She was married because she also blasted her husband in the sane conversation. And I overheard a lawyer talking about a case he was defending the next day. I also heard a person who worked for the same company I did talk about proprietary information. (Turned him in.)

An acquaintance of mine in Texas loved to go and stand next to the person on the phone and yell at me when I was about 10 feet away. I was embarrassed, but he wasn’t.

Cell phones have a definite place in our present day society. They are needed for emergencies, assistance, to check on children and loved ones and even to cary on with daily activities. But as with many other things, some people misuse them. Many people have retired their land-line and only use their cell phone. That's fine. But who else might be listening?

Bob