Daniel,

Thanks for facilitating the copy of the brochure. If it really is a "new" one to John, who knows...maybe it will become a favorite of his, too. To me, it seems to catch Harbour Lights at just the right, heady moment in their development and in our collective discovery. It was early enough in the game that one could want them all and have the reasonable expectation of acquiring them...and displaying them. That was before the releases were becoming waaaay too many per year, and before it became clear that the GLOW editions were going to pour forth in the numbers that they did. Also, the pieces still had a certain novelty to them. Finally, alas, I have to remember that I was 15 years younger, then, and was entertaining a different outlook on life in general.

By way of an interesting note: when Nancy Younger was here for an event just a few years back, I had mounted a color photocopy of the entire brochure [in question] on foam board to show the earlier releases to the newer collectors. Nancy looked and looked at the brochure as though she had never seen it and asked me where I had gotten it. I offered to make a color copy for the Company's files, but she wanted to check their archives, first. She never got back to me about it. If there were an "official" archive somewhere, I might turn loose of one of my copies for that.

John...I just wanted to be certain that you didn't misinterpret my observations as a critique. All masterworks, when dissected and picked to pieces, can be found to have alleged "flaws." I was just eager to share the brochure that I [and Daniel, too] most cherish.

Danny