For those of you that don't know me, I live about 15 miles north of Providence RI and about 32 miles south of Boston. I have over 50 HL Dealers within an hours drive of my home. Some are big dealers with fast moving inventory while others are small dealers with a somewhat slower moving inventory. I see beautifully glassed-in displays, and I see dusty HLs exposed to any small child walking by. I see store associates handle HLs like they were fine crystal, and I see some clerks bang them together taking them in and out of a display. I've seen HLs displayed with major chips and ventilator balls knocked off and I've seen displays where the HLs look MIB even out of the box. I've seen stores that sell them for retail and other stores that discount them. I've seen 25% Off Stock Reduction sales and I've seen everything in the store 50% Off After Christmas Sales. I've seen stores that charge premium prices for retired pieces and stores that keep their retired pieces at retail. I've seen stores with 10% off deals when you buy $500 worth or even less at $250 worth. I've seen stores that if you buy an HL you will be entered in a drawing for an expensive retired HL.
Everyone has a little gimmick when it comes to selling something in their stores. If they get overstocked there is a good chance they will have a sale. If something isn't selling at retail, sooner or later the price will be reduced to move that product. Smart shoppers look for deals, more bang for their buck. Don't feel sad when you see a dealer possibly dropping the HL line, instead rejoice and buy everything you need at the reduced prices. 25% off allows you to buy four for the price of three, eight for the price of six, sixteen for the price of twelve. Be happy, you just got four HLs for free! (If you bought twelve).

Y&A has limited control of their product once it leaves their offices. Dealers will do whatever they have to do to make ends meet. I don't think HL Reps will be quick to sink a dealer if he doesn't play by the rules. If HLs don't work for a particular dealer and they want to drop the line, so be it. Take advantage of the deals to fill in your collection. HL is a high quality product that will be around for many years to come. How strong is my faith in the HL line? I've purchased close to 170 pieces since September of 97...need I say more?