Mark -

I and others were not "running down" Dave's efforts! I don't think it was even in Dave's area of responsibility to notify HL Collector's Society members. Dave has done a good job planning many lighthouse events in the past and I have not cut down his abilities to plan this reunion. This is not about Dave.

I expressed the opinion that I think all of Harbour Lights Collector Society members should have been notified in time to call. What is so difficult in doing that? Don't we have a right to express disappointment with the lack of notice?

It is rather nasty to tell people that life is unfair, so tough, deal with it. This is about the Harbour Lights Collector's Society. Notification of people in this group is within the abiltiy of control. It doesn't have to be unfair.

It would be wonderful if everyone was computer connected. It would make running a HL collector club much easier. But, we have to be sensitive to the people who are HL collectors who do not for one reason or another have a computer.

Suzanne Murphy
President, Wisconsin Lighthouse District (WILD)