John,

I'm an advocate of Trop Interruption Insurance. I've bought it for most of my major trips and it's definitely been worth it.

I've had to use it three times.I got a full refund on my airline ticket purchase on two different ocassions and was reimbursed for all my expenses- including Esther buying clothes since our bags went on ahead of us- last year when I had my heart attack returning from my vacation.

I had absolutely no problems getting paid on any of the occasions I used the insurance.

I am not advocating any specific insurance but I'll tell you this- if you are a AAA Member (or anybody your traveling with is) you can purchase Travel Insurance from them even if you did not make your reservations through them- such as with the Reunion Trip.

The policy they have has included in it two very important provisions- it covers pre-existing conditions and it covers for Vendor Default. This second one is very important because if you purchase your travel insurance from your tour company or other entity and it goes under chances are you lose on the insurance also.

It also covers terrorism- either acts at where you live or where you are going.

The cost is based on the total cost of your trip- transportation, flights, rooms, etc.

The provision for preexisting conditions requires that you purchase the insurance within seven days of final payment.

I definitely reccomend looking into this insurance if you are a AAA member. I definitely reccomend getting travel insurance of some sort for this Reunion Trip. It's not a large cost to provide yourself with some peace of mind.

Dennis