We had received our four Cheboygen Crib pieces and I briefly looked at all of the pieces when I put the lowest numbered one in our curio. With all of the problems going on with the trees, MJ convinced me to look at them all more closely. Today I went to storage and checked my three remaining Cheboygen Crib Lighthouses more closely. To my surprise all three were broken or showing hairline cracks. I then checked the one that I had put in the curio, which also had cracks. This first image shows cracks in my curio piece (#167) which I had not noticed when I placed it there:

This next image shows my next higher Cheboygen Crib #168 with a fracture. You can see the pieces that came from the tree, next to the tree. The foam (which I had not removed when I first received these ‘extra’ pieces) was actually wrapped very tightly around the trees:

Both #209 and #212 (below) show cracks where the trees have begun to fracture. I truly believe that this was caused by the person who wrapped the foam around the trees and stuffed the end of the foam back in behind itself (between the trees and the foam encircling the trees). It is like they used their finger to push it down in behind the other foam with great force.:

I will be placing a call to Harbour Lights to see if they tell me the same thing as they told Rick. I agree with Dave that Harbour Lights should have recalled the entire batch due to the extent of the problem.

Thanks again to you Forum Friends for making me take a closer look. If it weren’t for you, I would have damaged goods waiting in storage. Who knows when they would have been inspected more closely.

Ron
(CT Keeper)

Ron
(CT Keeper)