Quote:
I ordered 3 and all are fine.
Opps, I spoke too soon!
I thought all were fine, but after reading so many post on the subject I looked again, this time removing the foam padding. And sure enough one of my three pieces is broke. Well not broke all the way through but chipped out over half way through the trunk of one tree.

So everyone PLEASE take the padding off and inspect at the tree trunks.

Now here's my two cents worth on the subject:

First it's terrible that such a thing had to happen, especially being that this is such a special piece. And right here as the Youngers are moving on with there lives. But as we all know "S--t Happens"! And I for one don't blame the Youngers for it. It's just one of those things. I'm sure that Bill and Nancy will see to it that we are all taken care of and satisfied in the end. Though we may have to wait awhile to retrieve our replacement pieces.

Now for my opinion of what went wrong:
Its the wrapping! Whom ever has the job of wrapping that foam padding around the base of the trees must have some very sore fingers. As they must have put all their might into pulling that padding as tight as they possible could. That being way tooooo tight! I think that they have pulled the two trees together so tight that they broke the base of the trees doing so. And they used way too much padding as well, causing even more stress on those delicate little tree trunks. Personally I think they would have shipped better with no padding at all, then to have been under such stress as they were.

But no-matter now as to what the problem was. It's done. And as long as Harbour Lights see to it that I eventually get a replacement, then I will be a Happy Camper.

IMHO

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.