Anyone get out after sunset last night to see this?! There was a solar flare that happened Wednesday that sent a good CME that impacted yesterday morning about 9am EST - wasn't sure the numbers were going to hold all day, but by golly, they did!

The people that live at the end of our road were kind enough to let me come into their yard since they are right on Hess Lake. I went out about 7:45 to see what was going on, and the entire sky lit up. Went back, grabbed Mary (since she has been waiting almost two years to see the sky turn green!) and got back out a little after 8pm. It faded a bit, then about 8:30 kicked into gear. This first one was just before 9:00 - ISO 800, 56 seconds at 5.6.

Second one was about 5 minutes later - ISO 1600, 54 seconds at 5.6.

I packed it up shortly after that - it was starting to fade again and Mary was getting cranky since she was an hour past bedtime! Lots of curtains, color, dancing lights, and breathtaking scenes as high up as your eye could see. Not as good as 11/04 obviously, but no complaints for not seeing anything since then! First time I've had my camera out in six weeks...