Hi Jen,

You have expounded on all the reasons I make as many trips a year to the Pacific Northwest as I do. I do believe that my mother was on the wrong coast when she gave birth to me.

I too have always encountered good weather on my trips and even when it is raining WA state is lovely. Most forum folks know how I feel about Heceta Head. Staying there at least once a year is a must and climbing to the light at night is spectacular. This March we got to climb the lighthouse when we went up during our stay. Will be back there in mid July. My 91 year old mother is going to go for the first time. Also experiencing that area during low tide is unbelievable.

Ditto comments about the San Juan Islands. Having been there last year and going on some of the islands that have those remote lights was a dream trip. In July, the landscape is beautiful and worth the planning and going on a trip.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on what you are experiencing. I can understand going from dawn to dusk...it is worth the lost sleep.

We will all be glad when you post your photos.
Derith