Yeah Dave, somewhat of a payback since I wasn't supposed to be oncall on Monday night. I took it because the person who was supposed to be oncall was having trouble with thin client and I had a new program installed that night that I wanted to watch. Well, one of our computer platform service people forgot to make some GDG files that I had requested the week before, so my program died. Also, the co-worker over the weekend left one of the VSAM files empty and that caused problems in three more programs.

Oh yeah, the reason I got called on Saturday... I didn't know that my co-worker changed one of my programs earlier on Saturday and that it was the job that did not work on Saturday night. He made a mistake. Then this co-worker was unavailable when he said he would be available and they couldn't find him, but they found me in Chicago.

He acted very sheepish Monday morning and avoided me until late afternoon when he finally admitted he had made a mistake in the job. I also found out he forgot to OK over a dozen programs I had ready to move to production on Saturday. This delayed things also.

So, if I would have stayed home instead of going to Rosemont, I would have spent my time making sure other people did their work. I'm sorry, they don't pay me to do that!

Suzanne

Suzanne Murphy
President, Wisconsin Lighthouse District (WILD)