Tammy, I most certainly do have the manual! Email me your address and I'll get it off to you. I no longer need it... laugh We're going on our first cruise the first week of December with Holland America with my in-laws and brother-in law and his wife to the Western Caribbean, so I'm pretty excited!

I could have gone to the 20D but I'd rather sink my money in glass - I've been lusting after the 17-40 L for almost a year. I got both the 10D and the 17-40 for the same price as the 20D body alone...I'll keep you posted as soon as I get it!

Tammy, the painting effect is something called "gothic glow" - it's an action for Photoshop you can download here. There are some really cool effects on this site but I am not sure if they will work with Elements or not.

I actually emailed Dave Hannum about a month or so ago, expressing an interest in holding a photography class, perhaps in exchange for room and board or something discounted. I told him that I was approached by several people on the Keweenaw trip about what a great idea it would be since I was answering so many questions about digital stuff (I love to talk photography anyhow!) and it sounded like the itinerary is not set yet, but they would keep me in mind.