Glad all of you are enjoying these photos. Bud and I certainly had a great time at Grand Haven last Saturday.

To answer your question, Hank, I normally use a large Ziploc bag with a slit in the bottom through which the barrel of the lens protrudes, with the bag taped or rubber banded down tight. I leave the back open so I've got access to the camera controls and I use another small bag over the lens when I'm not shooting, more to keep water droplets off of it than anything else so that my images will stay sharp. This is not to say that I don't end up with water literally running down the front of the filter at times, I certainly do. Other times, I've shot without any protection on the cameras and lenses. Thus far, the Nikons that I'm shooting with have performed flawlessly!

Hey Jared, I'll keep posting these to remind you of from whence you came...

Here are a few more shots from Saturday. I think this first post that follows perhaps does the best job of showing the power of the wind and waves on Lake Michigan last Saturday. That blowing wave/spray completely obscuring the catwalk and lights between the inner light and the fog building is about 25 feet over the pier and nearly 30 feet above the lake surface. The way that the spray has been sculpted by the wind gives you a feel for the awesome power of the 60 mph winds on Saturday...

At times, as shown by the shot above, the entire pier was obscured by waves and spray...

This last photo is a "quieter" moment on Saturday, if you can call it that!

Hope you all enjoy these!

[This message has been edited by lighthouse_photo (edited 03-12-2002).]

[This message has been edited by lighthouse_photo (edited 03-12-2002).]

[This message has been edited by lighthouse_photo (edited 03-13-2002).]