Yes, we chatted today and she let me know. Thanks for visiting, as well as the kind words. We have and continue to work very, very hard on making the site fun and educational, as well as giving our most loyal customers a good bang-for-the-buck, so to speak. The Lighthouse Club has been phenominal. It was an idea which came to me out of the blue, and we put it on line in April of '06. Membership has been growing steadily, and we really anticipate adding many more members now that HL is part of the site.
As for the Guess-the-Lighthouse contest, I was on a US Parks Dept. site, I think, which had a similar theme. Though no prizes were awarded, it was meant to be a fun and educational way to learn about the country's lighthouses. I "borrowed" their idea, and posted the first photo on the site in July of this year. People have been a little shy at first, just like anything that is new, but we have developed a "hard core" following of a number of the same people entering the contest each month. We also get others who have placed a guess on only one or two occasions, "casual" lighthouse fans, if you will, who may recognize a lighthouse now and then. As with the Lighthouse Club, we are anticipating a much higher "hit" ratio as more people find us and tell their friends about us.
I apologize if this seems as a blatant promotion of the website. Yes, I'm very proud of what we have created there, but that's not why I'm here, so please forgive me if it does seem pretentious. As I stated in one of the very first posts I made in the welcome section, we have just recently become a Harbour Lights retailer and I'm here to learn from people like you about the company and the products. In just a short time here, I've met some absolutely wonderful people and have learned a great deal just by reading the posts. I tip my hat to all of you, truely, thank you. cheers

Roland Babineau, Editor
Lighthouse Encyclopedia
http://www.thecapecodstore.com/lighthouse_encyclopedia