Quote:
Originally posted by Tammy Wolfe:
[QB] Jen,

Where did you buy your Epson 3200 scanner from? I almost ordered one today for around $379 or so from B & H photo. Does this scanner have any kind of dust removal system? Even when I take negatives out of the sleeves and do not leave them lay around, I still have hundreds of specs of dust. It probably doesn't help that my computer and scanner are in the same room with my bunny. I recently tried slides for the first time, and the dust was even worse.

/QB]
Hi Tammy,

I ordered it from www.MWave.com - it was $340 plus $20 shipping - was $359.00 and change total out the door. Had it within a week of ordering it. If you are using Silverfast or similar software that has dust and scratch removal (Photoshop does also) it's ok. It does not have integrated built in dust removal like Nikon Digital Ice. I clean my glass before scanning, and usually PEC-12 and PEC pads to clean your neg or slide itself before scanning does a pretty decent job. It will scan (2) 6-frame strips of 35mm negs, 4 35mm slides, a single medium format neg, or a 4x5 large format neg in it's three different carriers. I am still learning how to use it but my medium format negs have been scanning superbly.