The photo below was shot the same evening, albeit much later, as the previous two photos. This was shot from the top of the sand dunes just to the north of the north pier there at St. Joseph looking across the channel to the red pier marker at the end of the south pier. I was curious to see if there was enough light there to silhouette the catwalk that runs out the north pier as well as to pick up the fishermen there fishing off the south pier. The streaks of light were from the Labor Day boaters returning to the various marinas along the river there in St Joe and Benton Harbor. Sort of late night rush hour on the river. Anyway, this is a 2 minute exposure at f10 on Fuji Velvia. Normally, I'd shoot something like this at around f32 to be sure everything was in focus since you can't really see to focus well at night and autofocus doesn't work well either this late. But, a rough calculation for f32 gives you about a 15 minute exposure and this was the last shot of the night and I was about ready to head home and call it a day. This was shot about an hour after sunset and you can still see tinges of reds in the sky although they're very faint.

Gary