Ned,

To respond to a comment you made about wondering if it were possible to get prints from slides that are as good as those from negatives... If I couldn't get prints comparable to what I'm posting here from the scans, I wouldn't do it... I'd be using some other approach to get me the sort of prints that I want. If your photo processor can't deliver, I would strongly suggest that you seek out another lab to do your prints. I run all of my work through the professional photographic lab here in Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Color Lab (616)344-6000 (8AM-5:30 PM Eastern time). When someone answers, ask for Rich, and tell him that I suggested that you call. He can give you the lowdown on prices and shipping slides to them, etc. They can generate prints for you directly from your slides. They'll do the appropriate digital scan in the process and you can have it burned to a CD at the same time for whatever the additional charge is, which would probably be worth it if you think you'll ever want further prints of a particular image. While I just walk in the door and hand them my stuff, I suspect you'll get great service from them regardless. They've been in business here in Kalamazoo for about 40 years or so and the quality of their work, as far as what they've done with my images at least, is impeccable! They've generated prints for me as large as 30x40 inches that I have been very happy with! Terry Forrest has also had them process some of her stuff and you may get a follow up comment from here on this thread if she sees my comments.

Hope that this helps some, Ned, if you need more info, just e-mail me.

Gary