Here's another photo of Gary:

This was taken on the same day as the photo posted above, but from the area by the North Pier of the South Haven lighthouse, a silhouetted photo that shows all of Gary's 6'2" height! The one above from his folding chair was also originally in color but I turned it grayscale in my photo editing program because that's the way it is elsewhere.

"Elsewhere" was originally the January edition of a local Michigan magazine called Encore. The husband and wife publishers of the magazine saw one of Gary's lighthouse screensavers scrolling on the computer at one of the places where Gary has his prints matted and framed, got all excited and asked the owner if he knew who took the photos, was the individual a local photographer, did he know his name and how to contact him, etc., etc. Gary got a phone call at home and they arranged to interview him at home. In conjunction with the University of MI's January production of Titanic, they were dedicating their January edition to lighthouses and storms. That night after the interview, Gary and I were on AIM, AOL's Instant Messaging service with another of our photographer friends. Gary was telling us about the interview and started teasing me about "I didn't want to have a photograph of mine published in a magazine, did I?" They had wanted to have at least 1 photo of him in the article and it wound up my photo above of Gary in his chair and one of Gary's son Casey's photo of him, were published in the 4-page article of Gary along with some of his photos. Gary also got to have another of his lighthouse photos on a magazine cover as well!

------------------
Terry (Teresa) Forrest

[This message has been edited by 1of3trees@prodigy.net (edited 02-18-2002).]

[This message has been edited by 1of3trees@prodigy.net (edited 03-29-2002).]

[This message has been edited by 1of3trees@prodigy.net (edited 03-29-2002).]

Terry (Only my mother, brothers & sisters call me Teresa) Forrest