Thanks Mary and Jeff!!! I count myself as unbelievably fortunate to have been at South Haven with my cameras the night we had the sun pillar that ended up as the 30x40 print, "Pillar of Fire." I about went back home about 5 times that night... several times before I even got to the lake because of the weather that I was driving through going out. I don't know what prompted me to listen to that "little voice" in the back of my mind but wow am I ever glad that I did!!!!

As I just mentioned in a post on the lighthouse photography forum, Terry Forrest from Tewksbury, MA and Bill Taylor from Sacramento, CA are both flying in this coming Friday to spend a week photographing with me here in SW Michigan. Bill and I frequently shoot together when I'm out on the left coast on business, and Terry has been here in Kzoo a couple of times for photo shoots with me. If you or Jeff have the time and want to join the traveling photo circus, or anyone else who lives in the area for that matter, you're all more than welcome. There's no particular game plan, so if anyone's interested, just e-mail whenever you have the time and I'll let you know what we're likely to be up to the next day and where we might be able to meet with anyone.

Thanks,
Gary