GALLERY SHOW VIRTUAL TOUR

OK, here it goes... as you enter the gallery, there is a small wall directly in front of you that has a large photograph of Cape Lookout at sunset looking to the west across the Core Sound with a summer thunderstorm building over the mainland titled, "Storm in the West." And yes, camping in a tent on Cape Lookout that week, there was one doozy of a thunderstorm that night!!! The photos along the east wall I'll get to in a minute...

In the front corner, Autumn had a framed Cibachrome print of Big Red at sunrise titled, "Reflection at Dawn" in front of a display of CDrom screensavers. Those who participated in the Wackos in Wisconsin road trip got a version of one of them called "Postcards from the Lake."

Along the east wall of the gallery, there are a number of photos...

Starting form the left is a photo titled, "Sunset Wave" taken at South Haven one evening on an impromptu trip out to test a new 17-35 mm f2.8 Nikkor lens about a year and a half ago. The square photo to the right of that was just taken over Labor Day weekend this year at St. Joe's with the sun setting between the inner and outer lights of the North Pier and titled, "Fading Light." There are a number of other photos from those photo shoots on the lighthouse photography forum. The photo that is predominantly blue is "Sturgeon Bay Reflection" that was shot in June, 2001 of the Sturgeon Bay North Pierhead light that won first place in the color photography category at last year's Door County Maritime Museum's juried photography show. I had two photos juried into the September-December exhibit this year but no winners.

A wider view looking at the east wall...

Continuing to the right of "Sturgeon Bay Reflection" are photos titled, "September Storm," and "Summer Sunset" both taken at South Haven, "Grand Haven Gale" taken during a fiere spring gale in April, 1996, which was the oldest of my photos in the show, "Last Light" a photo taken around Labor Day this year at South Haven, and finally furthest right, "Twilight at Little Sable," which was shot in April, 2001 on a day that I started at dawn by photographing the Pointe aux Barques lighthouse in Michigan's thumb and finished by photographing Little Sable at sunset.

The south wall of the gallery is only wide enough to accomodate 3 of my 20x24 Cibachrome prints...

Going left to right toward the corner is a photo titled, "Building Storm" taken at Marblehead, Ohio. There are a number of other photos posted on the lighthouse photography forum from the Marblehead shoot when this was taken if anyone is interested in seeing larger versions. In the center is "Winter Sunset" taken at St. Joe's a few years ago from atop the sand dunes just to the north of the north pier where I was thigh deep in snow on a cold day.... brrrrrrrrr!!! The 3rd photo just left of the corner is another of Big Red in Holland (Jeff and Mary's back yard) titled, "Reflection on the Sand."

Looking at the west wall of the gallery...

Going left to right are "Dawn Surf" and "Pacific Twilight" taken at Pigeon Point lighthouse in California, " Catwalk -- Last Day of Innocence, September 10, 2001" taken at sunset at South Haven the beautiful evening before the horrific events in NYC the next morning. The large print of the reeds (the only non-lighthouse photo hung for the show) is "Reflection of a Pastel Morning," which took an honorable mention in the 2000 Popular Photography International photo contest, which was one of 54 images published out of 65,000+ submitted that year.

"Dawn at Pigeon Point," is next to the right followed by "Storm Front," a shot of the sun descending through a storm band coming east across Lake Michigan at South Haven, and finally in the corner is "Eccentric Concentric" a B&W photo of the beautiful cast iron spiral staircaes inside Bodie Island Lighthouse in North Carolina. Sitting on the floor is a panoramic photo titled, "Rising from the Mists" taken at Sturgeon Bay, WI during my June, 2001 photo trip. There was a small version of "Pillar of Fire" (see below) also sitting on the floor but it went home last night with Earl Major and is probably now hanging in his library! The photo to the right of the corner on the north wall of the gallery is "Where Hatteras Stood" taken from the beach at Cape Hatteras, North Carolina looking to the south before this beautiful icon of the Outer Banks was moved back to safety from the encroaching Atlantic Ocean. This 20x30 photo of mine is now in the collection of Mary TenHave who lives here in Kalamazoo.

The last photo consumes the entire back of the wall facing the doorway of the gallery and is a 30x40 print of "Pillar of Fire" taken last winter at South Haven.

I hope all of my friends here on the Collector's Forums enjoy this "virtual tour" of my gallery show, and again, thanks so very much for your many expressions of support and encouragement.

Gary