Gallery Show Opening Reception

Well last night was the opening reception for my gallery show at Inner Images and a couple of my Harbour Lights friends, Mark Wagner and his father and Jeff and Mary Meyer were able to attend!!! Thanks for the support all, it's greatly appreciated!!!

I got a telephone call earlier in the day from Autumn who owns and runs the gallery to let me know that I had had a flower arrangement delivered for the reception. What a very pleasant surprise... smile smile smile ... Thanks Kim and all there at Harbour Lights -- the flower arrangement was gorgeous! I couldn't get a photo of the arrangement during the opening reception that did it just because of the clutter in the background so I've posted a photo taken of it here my home late last night after I got back from the reception.

A couple of photos of some of the folks at the reception follow:

The photo below is Rick Briscoe (left) the editor of Encore Magazine published locally here in Kalamazoo, who did a story on my lighthouse photography last December and Rich Sherman (right)who works at Kalamazoo Color Laboratory and does some of the approval proofs for my big pieces.

And in this photo Earl Major and his wife Trish looking at a photo called "Storm Front"...

Thanks again for the many enthusiastic expressions of support from my friends here on the Collector's Forums and especially to Mark and the Meyers for taking the time to drive over to Kzoo for the opening reception.

I've got about 10 digital photos that were shot last night (and yes, my wife asked me when I borrowed her Nikon Coolpix 950 digital why I wasn't using film!) that comprise a "virtual tour" of the gallery show. I'll start posting these shortly so that those of you too far away to attend still can see the 21 pieces (+ 1 leaning against the wall on the floor because we ran out of wall space in the gallery!) that were hung for the show.

Thanks again..

Gary