Another point, John, is that a week works great for those of you who have digitals, but for those of us who use cameras with print film or slide film, it means taking either the rest of a roll or an entire roll. With a roll of slides, that means 37 pictures, which 9 times out of 10, a person is not going to take an entire roll of photos at once unless it's something he or she finds really interesting like sunrise or sunset lighthouse photos, or reflective building photos of an extremely reflective building because of the uniqueness of it, like the Standard Federal Bank Building in downtown Kalamazoo, Michigan with its inwardly curved glass-windowed front, for example. Using photos of the 1 set subject, animals in this case, having just learned of the topic, I would have to find an animal some time on Monday to take photos of and take the remainder of a roll of slide film - about 18 left in one of the cameras. It would mean taking 18 photos of this animal with Fuji Velvia in order to finish the roll. The neighbor across the street does have 2 cats and a dog, but it would have to mean that 1 of them would be out and about on Mon. in order to take these photos. Since I'm off Mon., taking the roll in to be processed to the Boston Pro Lab where I take them would mean Tues. at lunch time because they wouldn't be open when I would first get in to Boston. The earliest I could then pick up the processed slides would be Wed. at lunch time. Scanning of the slides would have to be done either Wed. night or Thurs. night, etc., then resizing, sending to you as soon as possible after that before the deadline. It could be done but presupposes that an animal would be found right away to take such photos, that I wouldn't mind maybe wasting that many photos on one thing, that my work schedule at our busiest time of the year would allow being able to take these photos right away, etc., etc. Am I making my point, John, about a week being too narrow a time frame?

------------------
Terry (Only my mother, brothers & sisters call me Teresa) Forrest

[This message has been edited by 1of3trees@prodigy.net (edited 03-18-2002).]

Terry (Only my mother, brothers & sisters call me Teresa) Forrest